I'd like to welcome you to my blog, posts represents my ideas or news I have covered myself, posts are written in arabic and English depending on the target group whom I'm addressing with the articles, but I have enabled a tool that helps translate articles so anyone can read any article in his mother language.
Feel free to leave me comments here or a reply on twitter if you aren't able to post here.
Hope you like what I write.

Friday, September 28, 2012

We sexualise things




I was in Alexandria for a vacation couple of days ago, you know, it’s a beautiful coastal city, lots to enjoy and beauty of nature to set eyes on along with malls, so it kinda suits all tastes. But this isn’t what I wanted to write about.
I was indulging myself in the beauty of sea one day, meditating, watching the beauty of mother nature around me then decided it’d be nice to go for a swim, which I did.
There were two newly wed couples hugging each other in the water, talking and swimming, you know, like what any two newly wed couples would do and that’s cool. But what wasn’t cool was the comments of the people about them, all implying sexual stuff, even one kid, about a 7 or 8 years old said:”if they are doing “this” in front of people, what are they doing when they go home?”. Now, “this” he was talking about was the act of them hugging each other in water.
You’d think that because we are such a “religious” society, a society that loves “morals” so much, a “conservative” society, we would be a little less pervert but it doesn’t look like that’s right.
We are a society where 80% of women have experienced some sort of sexual harassment on the street. And I think that story I just narrated in the above lines explains part of the reason why sexual harassment has become such an infestation in the society.
We always, in one way or another, think about sex. We have many words, and even numbers (and I’m not talking about the famous 69), that are expressions of sex, or imply something sexual. Even when we speak about something, in my opinion, spiritual, as marriage, which I see as a sacred union between two people, somehow, the talk always turns sexual.
If you keep constantly thinking about a certain thing you’ll never feel like you had enough of it, that’s a theory of mine, this is why when you think too much about sex, in the way I just described, it’s normal that you can’t get enough of it and thus it’d be normal that sexual harassment become such a problem, especially when you sexualise everything, kisses, hugs and even, in sometimes, holding hands. Then you start thinking about sex most of the time, trying to get satisfied is something you mainly think about, sometimes to the extent that one woman is just not enough.
I’m not saying that we shouldn’t talk about sex, but in an enlightened way, a scientific method that would help us know better about sex, respect it and know that it’s something to be honoured not made fun of, or spoken about so lightly, to be the talk of the gathering when they run out of topics to have conversations about. Also know that when a person wants to fulfil his sexual desires he has to do so without harassing other women, without showing disrespect to them and their bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please don't curse or use profanity. State your opinion without attacking others. If you couldn't comment send me a @ on twitter (but I prefer if you post a comment here). thanks