I'd like to welcome you to my blog, posts represents my ideas or news I have covered myself, posts are written in arabic and English depending on the target group whom I'm addressing with the articles, but I have enabled a tool that helps translate articles so anyone can read any article in his mother language.
Feel free to leave me comments here or a reply on twitter if you aren't able to post here.
Hope you like what I write.

Friday, September 14, 2012

This is not Islam




Took me a while till I decided to write my opinion about the recent events of attacking the US embassies in Egypt and Libya.
I'm aware of the attack led by the Republican party in the US, especially that of Sarah Palin, saying that president obama must "grow sticks", and that may be one of the motives for me to write this article.

First, I'd like to express my deep sorrow for the attacks, and the murder of the US ambassador in Benghazi, who was considered by some Libyans as a personal friend, was held in a great esteem especially by the Libyans because he was one of the first diplomats to support the Libyan revolution against the Gaddafi and their claiming of their rights, also was one of the first diplomats to enter Libya while the bombing and the fights were on (if my information was correct).
What happened is something against the teaching of prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) and the rules of Islam, the late Ambassador trusted the Libyans with his life and as an Ambassador, he's like a messenger in medieval ages, we are supposed to protect him, as muslims, even if we loath his country (which we don't, we may object to some decisions of the American government but we never hate the American people).
Prophet Mohammed himself didn't respond to those who insulted and hurt him, in fact, he spared the lives of those who hurt him, tortured the weak muslims and even killed his uncle and some of his companions. He taught us to forgive and ask God to guide for those who insult us or our religion.
Our religion tells us not to dis other people 's religion, not to curse and make fun of other people's Gods.

Second, I'd like to remind Mrs. Sarah Palin of Afghanistan and Iraq, how "growing sticks" in the times of the Bush administration resulted in millions of lives lost, on both sides and lose of trillions of dollars, and for the sake of avenging the victims of a terrorist attack (which was carried by people who claim to be muslims yet everything they did was against our religion, even if we are at war with another country, our religion asks us NEVER to kill an innocent civilian, so definitely our religion doesn't ask us to go to another country and kill thousands of innocent citizens there, including muslims among them) caused a huge cripple in the economy, resulting in the death of 25,000 American citizens due to lack of health care every year.
Growing sticks doesn't solve problems, it helps to make them worse, it causes deaths, it causes American families pain because of the loss of sons, fathers and brothers.

I am aware the American government has nothing to do with the insulting movie about the prophet Mohammed and I don't blame them nor do I blame the American people.
I think that we as muslims should have responded to the movie by ignoring it, it wouldn't have spread like that if we ignored it in the first place, or even better, help people know better about our religion, tell the people how forgiving our religion is and how civilised it really is.

In the end, I'd like to repeat my apologies for the murder of the Ambassador in Libya and the attack on the Embassy in Egypt, this really has got nothing to do with our religion, it's against it actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please don't curse or use profanity. State your opinion without attacking others. If you couldn't comment send me a @ on twitter (but I prefer if you post a comment here). thanks