I'd like to welcome you to my blog, posts represents my ideas or news I have covered myself, posts are written in arabic and English depending on the target group whom I'm addressing with the articles, but I have enabled a tool that helps translate articles so anyone can read any article in his mother language.
Feel free to leave me comments here or a reply on twitter if you aren't able to post here.
Hope you like what I write.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Give me an indonesia style!



I have recently read this article in Nytimes about the vision of the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt, when it comes to social life at least.
It's practices like these that led to people all over the world to reject the authority of religion and theocracies over their life, determining their rights because they know these people who speak for religion, claiming they represent religion, will always resort to manipulating people, shifting the meanings of clear verses, bend the truth for their benefit.
And I think that thing we saw couple of weeks ago, regarding the loan Egypt just took out for 4 billion dollars, proves my point. Truth was bent, supporters of MB who used to say that interests of loans are religiously forbidden suddenly started claiming that they are just "administrative fees".
Worse thing is, no one talked about the effect of the loan on Egypt, no one cared, everyone was on about "the MBs are hypocrites, they do what they rejected and objected to when Mubarak was in charge" or "they didn't do a Mubarak strategy taking out a loan, it's perfectly "halal" because the interest is an "administrative fee"".
This really does prove that the MBs are not visionary leaders, they claim they have "broad lines and framework" for most of the aspects concerning Egypt, economically and socially..etc, but I don't think that claim is good either.
Any one can have a broad line, I had a broad line and framework for Egypt since I was nine because we had to write one in the "paragraph" back in school (a question where they ask you to write couple of lines on a certain topic and end up giving you 7.5/8 no matter what you wrote as long as you wrote many lines).
But, I digress, this article is mainly intended to show how the MBs don't like setting boundaries and exact definitions for most of the expressions they use as mentioned in the fore mentioned article of NYtimes. Such shortage of definitions and strict boundaries and limitations, along with their claiming to be speaking for religion, twisting facts and religion to merely serve their needs and support their decisions, would led to people, fed up of them.
People don't want to be oppressed, suppressed, women role cut, I know I don't want that, so they be just a follower in society (this is so not from the religion because actually, prophet mohammed used to ask his wives for advice, even because of an advice from one of his wives, muslims were saved on the "Hudaybeya" treaty).
Then, we might either end up having a Sudan style revolution (I really don't hope much for that, enough blood has been spilt already) or an Indonesia style rejection of MBs.
I hope if any MB member read this to take it as a wake up call, having a vision, a solid one, and announcing it to the public is a lot better than being like water, shape according to the situation to the extent that you lose your true face, people don't like that, voters don't like shape-shifters.
Even if people didn't like your vision, then you can have a nation wide discussion concerning that vision, but people will a lot more safer than trying to speculate what you got in your head for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please don't curse or use profanity. State your opinion without attacking others. If you couldn't comment send me a @ on twitter (but I prefer if you post a comment here). thanks